Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Hi - It's Me Again

I'm here to make a posting. Shocking! Yes?

I didn't even look to see when my last post was. I know it's been a while.
Summertime has been here and I have not been on my home computer much. I hit it a couple times a week and that's about all it seems that I have time for. Check the email, sit down to pay bills, maybe try to read a blog here and there...
Tonight was pay bills and since I'm still on and Kerry went to pick up our youngest from youth group, I figured I'd do something strange and actually "POST."

I have been wanting to post this family picture we had taken while we were in Jackson, Wyoming (a.k.a. Jackson Hole, Wyoming). It is one of those rare times when we are (were) actually together as a family this year. We had a wonderful family vacation time and I am so grateful to God for allowing us the opportunity to have it. I had wanted to take my family to Yellowstone for many, many years and we were finally able to go, in what may have been the last family vacation for just the five of us.


Daughter number one (our middle child) started college (see last post) a few weeks ago. Though she calls frequently and isn't far away, I know this is the beginning of her independence and she is starting to learn to exercise it.
Our oldest is now in his junior year of college. He is working as a resident assistant (RA) this year and probably won't be home until Christmas and even then it will be right about on Christmas because he has some friends getting married in Texas earlier that week. One of these days some fortunate young lady is going to figure out what a catch he is and to latch on to him and he will be off somewhere else forever thereafter.
As for our youngest, she is always busy. She has a pretty tough class load, so she is often doing homework. She loves doing the school musicals and got a chorus part (extra) in this years production of Hello Dolly. She also has a job that she works on weekends. So we are already getting used to not seeing her around.
My wife has started a new job, putting her freelance days behind her for now. By working from home she was lacking for socialization (it's important for kids to be able to socialize, it helps them be well adjusted). I think she is enjoying the new job, but sometimes it is difficult to be certain. She did receive some encouraging news that one of her submissions going to be published in "Chicken Soup for the Empty Nester's Soul." Pretty cool! As our youngest stated, "Now you can be published like me!" Which for clarification, youngest had a poem of hers about the "Heroes of 9/11" published a few years back.

As for me these days... I go to work, try to get out and ride my bicycle at lunch, go back to work, go home, sleep, and then repeat that cycle. The most excitement is, as my wife says, playing connect the dots with the latest scratches and scrapes accumulated from the days bike ride. It's not quite that bad really, but sometimes it seems she is right.

That's all for tonight.

May God richly bless you and lead you in His wonderful paths of life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well ... I guess I haven't missed much here since I've been moving!

WOW!!! What an awesome picture!!! Makes me wanna cry, though ... time is fleeting ... life always changing. Yeah, Chris is a great catch ... praying for that awesome young woman who will recognize him for who he is :)

My Oldest turns ten next month and, about once a day says, "Momma! Can you believe I'm almost a teenager?!!!" Today she made me laugh ... she said, "Can you believe I'm almost ten?!!! I remember when I was born!!!" tehehehehe

Your mundane routine, right now, makes me a little envious. Don't move unless you have to ... ugh ... it just won't end!!!!!!! If the kids would stop living for a few days and not create a need for laundry to be washed or hair to be washed or food to be made or homework to be done . . . or . . . then I might get to finish unpacking ;) I hate living in transition ... I can't wait to be settled ... but am so thankful to be moved and where we're gonna be for a loooong time.

It was good to hear from Kerry ... you are all ... all five of you ... very dear to my heart. I took the girls to Colorado, including Co Springs, in 2003 ... they want to go back ... perhaps next summer ;)