Thursday, March 29, 2007

Awesome Worship

Wednesday evenings, before we have prayer at our house, we have a practice time for our church's worship team (aka praise band). It's spring break time and almost everybody is out of town. Almost everybody but my wife and I and the lady who is our worship leader (some churches designate the person in this position a worship pastor). Well last night it was just the three of us. My wife joined us for our worship practice which turned into less practice and more worship which was pretty awesome. And our prayer time turned out to be just the three of us as well.
What a wonderful blessing the time was. Not that other times haven't been, but this was a really cool time or prayer and worship. We weren't constrained by the time because "everybody" was going to be showing up at 7. We were just able to flow with the leading of the Holy Spirit. Of course that is what we always want to be able to do, it's just that it works out better sometimes than others. Our God is so good!

I am always grateful to God for the the richness of the blessings that He pours out on us. My Father always knows what I need and when I need it. He pours out refreshing waters (spiritual refreshing) for us to drink of. The bible says those waters pour forth from His throne.

So I just want to take a moment and express my thanks to my God for the blessing of knowing Him. For all the things He allows us to walk through, because He uses both the good and the bad for His glory.
I praise Him because He alone is worthy of praise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes