Sunday, January 20, 2008

Ponderings

Sometimes I love reading my son's blog. God has given my son the ability to ponder and perceive in ways that, I don't know whether I don't know how to, or just don't take the time to consider.
My son gets insights that I just don't seem to be plugged in to. I read what he has written and I think to myself, "You know, he's right. Hmmm. I wonder why I never thought about that."

God has given us all gifts. Wonderful gifts. Sometimes though I kind of wonder why it seems like some people seem to get more gifts than others of us do. ;) Not that that is really the case, but it sure can seem that way sometimes. Our gifts are just different.
I liken it to a friend of ours whom God has given a wonderful ability to communicate things the Lord has shared or revealed to him, and I think to myself, "Gee, I'd really like to be able to communicate things like he does." But then I remember that if I am comparing myself to my friend that the Word says I am without (spiritual) understanding. So I get to live with the gifts I have been blessed with. Sometimes I wonder though, does anybody ever think to them self, "Gee, I would like to be able to do ... like David does." Of course, I'm not really sure what anyone would think like that for. Silly huh?

Anyway... That's what I'm thinking about tonight.

1 comment:

Ame said...

Hummm ... well, uhhh, given that you're a man ... ummm ... not really ;).

***

Yes, Chris is an excellent writer, probing depths few know exist, revealing his heart and soul.

***

Probably the only "gifts" I envy are those that are not really, ummm, gifts ... like straight hair rather than curly, skin that tans well rather than fair skin that burns and blisters, etc, etc. ;)