Wednesday, January 30, 2008

No REAL Biking - Trainer Weary

Alas, it is winter time in Colorado. There is snow on the ground and every time it gets warm enough to start to melt, we're getting a fresh blast of winter depositing more of the fluffy white stuff on the ground.
As I've become more of a biking enthusiast in the last couple years, I've also grown more impatient with the few winter months we have.
All the biking I've been doing for the past several months has been indoors on a trainer. 90 minutes, three times a week, trying to keep my muscles in some semblance of riding shape. I know it will pay off for the days when I can actually get back on my bike outside, but until then, I'm growing a bit weary of the pedaling, pedaling, pedaling, and not going anywhere. And honestly, I'm getting kind of tired of looking at the guys in my spin class. Just as sure as they are probably getting tired of looking at me. ;)
Sometimes while I'm in the spin class I'm actually wondering to myself how many hundreds of miles I would have really ridden if I'd been on the trail during all that time, or at least had a odometer on my back wheel to get an idea.
But so life goes.
In the meantime, it's only another month or so until I'll be back out on the dirt (and mud) being able to look at the beautiful Colorado as I'm riding along through it.
Until then...
I'll be pedaling along merrily on a trainer and longing for the coming days of spring.

1 comment:

Chris Krycho said...

Bah. All of that is really just to say that you need to go skiing instead! :D

I miss Colorado winters... don't complain. We're actually having snow today, but it'll probably all be gone by tomorrow. :-(