Saturday, February 23, 2008

A Daughter's Heart

Last night I had the awesome privilege to take my beautiful daughters out for a special evening.

The event we attended is called A Daughter's Heart and it is a daddy-daughter dance.
A local couple, Ed and Renee Behr have organized and sponsored this event for the past 11 or so years.
Their mission: A non-profit ministry created to help foster the relationship between Fathers and Daughters.


We had a wonderful time. We danced a lot. I got a little teary eyed a couple times during the evening... Especially at the beginning when they ran a slide show to the song Cinderella from Steven Curtis Chapman; again at end when the band closed with the Bob Carlisle song Butterfly Kisses and I held both of my girls close and we just had a kind of group hug for the whole song. (
Disclaimer Warning: Listening to these songs can melt your heart.)
It's really hard to relate just how special this is for me, and I know that it has been really special for my beautiful girls both years we've gone.

I thank God for the opportunity to share such a blessed time with my girls!
Thank you my girls for the time you spent with me and blessed your papa!

5 comments:

Ame said...

OMW!!! Your girls are BEAUTIFUL!!! What an incredible experience ... your girls are extremely blessed :)

Chris Krycho said...

When did Abi grow up? ACK! This is me, arming myself. You do have the sword handy, right? :p

In all seriousness, they both looked great - as did you! I'm glad you could go do that. Love you!

Lori said...

How beautiful this is. It's nice to see a true gentleman who appreciates the ladies in his life, and who obviously had a strong hand in guiding them into becoming such lovely young women.

Blessings to you all!

Blessed son of the King said...

Thank you Ame! They are beautiful aren't they? :D
-------------------
Chris, Abi keeps growing up. Funny how it happens... kind of like you did. Yup. Sword is ready! Guns are loaded. I'm sure I'll be up all night cleanin' this gun.
-------------------
Lori, It is an honor and a blessing that God has been kind enough to "grow" me into. I'm the man that upon first beholding my oldest daughter (seconds after birth) exclaiming, "A daughter, what am I going to do with a daughter?"
Now I'm fortunate enough to know.

Girl4God said...

It was so much fun. I had an incredible time. I love you so much. Thank you for being the man God wants and the best father in the world for me. This is me giving you a huge hug!!!!