Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Protective Papa

There have been several incidents in the past few months involving my girls... a couple in the past two weeks.

As a father I am VERY protective over my girls!

Be off with ye scurvy dogs!

One young man who had been dating my oldest daughter said some mean and hurtful things to her... and my thoughts about him at that time were not quite charitable.


The Powerful Art of Persuasion

About two weeks ago two different young men decided they could talk in quite UN acceptable ways to or about my youngest daughter.

One young man (a long time friend of hers) made an inappropriate comment to her and she quite adamantly made it clear that he was NEVER to talk to her like that again. His sheepish response was that it was a slip like he was talking to one of the guys. She then demanded, "Do I look like one of the guys?" [I was and am very proud of her!]
Never-the-less, it has been, shall we say, difficult for me not bring a stern admonition to this pup.

I be inclined to cut out his tongue.

The second young man made comments about body parts of youngest and one of her female friends during a practice time for an activity they are all participating in. Youngest still has not been willing to share with me what, exactly the comments were. She again handled it well (smacked him for a start), then spoke with the teacher/sponsor of the activity regarding his sexually harassing comments. The teacher addressed it with him and he has been on much better behavior since.
But just to back it up, I'll be wearing my leather jacket and a mean looking scowl to the activity competition.
As a side note, I'm not sure what my daughter has said to him since, but tonight she told me that he was intimidated knowing that I would be at the competition. I smiled at her as I replied, "He should be... he should be!" (said with a Yoda voice for effect).

Now for clarity, I am a law-abiding citizen and don't go around threatening people, but... if you mess with my girls, I'm definitely willing to mess with you.

3 comments:

Ame said...

Just take those babies out ... they don't deserve to share the oxygen on this planet!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!

WOW ... that's awesome that your daughters would tell you so much - a great testimony to your relationship with them.

You should add some chains to that leather jacket ... maybe a tatoo or two (temp if you wanta). Go get those ignorant little boys, and show THEM who's in charge HERE!!!

And, GOOD FOR YOUR GIRLS for sticking up for themselves!!!

LOVE the pics - who took them for you?!!!

Chris Krycho said...

Glad my sisters know how to take care of themselves. Even more glad we all have a dad who takes care of us.

I love the sword pictures, still. :-)

Lori said...

I am also VERY protective of my children, daughter who is 18 and son, almost 16. But it's triple the case with my Meg who, as a young woman, seems to be more vulnerable to some of the wrong in our world. I can take care of myself when things are dished my way, but mess with my children, and I turn into a Mama bear on the warpath!