Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Racing the Clock Around the Clock

This last weekend I participated in one of the major mountain biking events I've been preparing for this year - 24 Hours in the Sage - a 24 hour race in Gunnison, CO. It is a race to see how many laps can be ridden in a 24 hour period. Some people ride it solo, some as a duo, some as a four man team.
I was part of a four man team that rode 16 laps and I think we did pretty well, even if we did come in last. ;) It was a lot of fun and I enjoyed the experience, including riding at night which I've only done one time prior and not on a difficult trail.

Now both of the major events that I had planned on this year, the Laramie Enduro and the 24 Hours in the Sage are past it is time to just ride and have fun and get some things done around the house that haven't been taken care of yet. I'm sure my wife will be glad of that.

No comments: