Monday, June 4, 2007

Coming and Going... and My Head is Spinning

Rambling thoughts about the past week and a half...

Our son moved in for about three weeks and has now moved out. He has moved into an apartment while attending summer classes at Focus on the Family Institute. It is kind of different for us to have him in town but not living with us. Quieter too.
Our oldest daughter has graduated from high school and has registered for college and has signed up for classes. She is also working three jobs to make and save money for this school year.
Our youngest daughter is working full time at a local bicycle shop so she can earn money for a car.

We had family in town for about a week. Saw a lot of some and very little of others.
Some of my wife's family was staying with us. Others spent quite a good deal of time with us. It was fine, but it was exhausting.
My youngest sister was in town for a week staying with my other sister (in between us in age) and I saw her all of a couple hours. I missed having time to visit with her. She lives in Arizona with her husband and two children and we don't get to visit with her very much.

My lovely wife encouraged me to get away on Saturday and have a day fishing with my dad. I took her up on it. Had to fight myself to go. Friday evening I was thinking to myself that I was tired and it would be too much work. Thank goodness we went anyway. We had a wonderful time. I know I treasure the time I get to spend with my father, and knowing how I feel about getting to spend time with my son, I'm sure dad was blessed by it too. There is just something special about that kind of time... time to talk as we drive, time to enjoy walking the river, being excited about catching a couple fish, being out-of-doors, enjoying the beauty of God's creation.

A friend of mine emailed me today asking if I would like to go up to a mountain bike race this coming Saturday. I'm not thinking I'm ready for a race, but it might be cool to go up and ride some of the other trails in the area for familiarization for a possible race later in the season.

I'm trying to figure out what my wife and I can do for our upcoming anniversary. Twenty-two years and I'm very grateful for such a gorgeous, caring, and wonderful helpmate. Unfortunately I think Hawaii is out of the question this year. May for our 25th anniversary, God willing. Guess it will have to be something closer this year.

It's late. I'm rambling even more than I intended. I'm going to bed.

Blessings to you all.

1 comment:

Chris Krycho said...

I'm glad you're back!

And I'm glad you went fishing. Hopefully we'll have a chance to do that at least once this summer.

I love you!