Saturday, May 26, 2007

Whoosh! Two Down and One to Go

My second child graduated from high school today. The first graduated two years ago. The next one will be in three years. So we're two down with one to go.
I'm not quite sure how this day came so fast. Wasn't it just yesterday she was a little baby girl being handed to me in the hospital and me exclaiming, "What am I going to do with a girl?" I've since found out. God has very much blessed my life with all my children. My son and my two daughters.


We are very proud of our young lady, she graduated with honors in the top 5% of her class. Not to be considered a small achievement, especially since she took honors classes and advanced placement (A.P.) classes for college credit... and speaking of college credit, college is looming on the horizon not too far away.

The emotions have gone every way
today. I've been misty eyed and joyous. We had a house full of friends and relatives to celebrate this wonderful life accomplishment achieved by my oldest daughter. What a day it has been!

Right now I am tired and short on words, but I just wanted
to get out a quick post about the events of the day since it has been a busy and emotional week.


I'll try to post again soon when I have had a bit more rest and I have regained my ability to think a little more clearly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow ... WOW!!!

one moment in time ... amazing how walking through that rite of passage changes one's life, and the lives of those all around, isn't it.

congratulations to your beautiful, amazing daughter!!!