Friday, December 28, 2007

I Wouldn't Have Missed It For the World

They got married yesterday and I wouldn't have missed it for the world... but we almost did!

I posted The Announcement back in September about a young couple's engagement and forthcoming wedding.
- God had some things for me to learn along the way... especially in regard to casting my cares and burdens upon Him. I had to learn more about letting go and trusting the Lord with the lives of those that are precious to me. -

Their wedding, you see, was in a city 130 miles to the North of where we live -- about 2-1/2 hours drive in good weather -- and yesterday was a snowy, borderline blizzard-like day here in Colorado. It took us over three hours to drive up to where the wedding was. There was blowing snow, very icy roads, and several accidents along the way up and back. We got tied up in traffic about 20 miles from our destination and moved about two miles in half an hour... needless to say, we started getting a tad nervous about making it on time. We have other friends that had planned on going, but decided not to go because of the bad weather. I can't say that I blame them since it was less than an enjoyable drive, but for us it was well worth it.

My previous post is about a group of four young men that have been together all of their lives. The groom was the second born of those young men. He and my son have been best friends pretty much all their lives. The bride was a close friend of my son's through high school and his date for the senior prom. This young couple is very special and important to us. Our son was the best man and our oldest daughter was a bridesmaid.

So this is a rambling post to say that we spent about six to seven hours driving yesterday to be able to spend about six hours celebrating (wedding and reception) with a precious young couple as they joined their lives together.

Thanks and all praise be to God Who made it possible for us to be there with them and to get us home safely.

No comments: