Thursday, February 22, 2007

Jury Summons P.S.

This was a pleasantly uneventful affair. God had prepared my heart to go and serve in what many consider to be a burden. I won't tell you that I was looking forward to spending who knows how much time at it, but it remains an honor and still one of the things that makes our ever more messed up country the best place to live on earth. I sat as many names and juror numbers were called always expecting mine to be next. But after several rounds, the clerk announced that anyone left after the next set of names was called was free to go. I still wasn't selected.

God just wants a willing heart.

What has God called us to do as Christ followers? Be servants. It's pretty simple. I can't recall anyplace in scripture where He says we are only to serve when we feel like it. Rather, he provided illustrious examples of serving, then said we are to do likewise.

Now to just continue putting it to practice.

1 comment:

Jada's Gigi said...

hello..just popping over from Ame's site..nice to meet you...:)