Wednesday, May 9, 2007

End of School Year = Busy Week

Not much time to blog this week. Not even much time to read others blogs this week. Not much time to breathe this week.
Work has been all day meetings since Monday which is tiring all by itself. They are necessary and will help us produce a better product, but... I don't like all day meetings.
Every night this week has been filled with some activity for one or the other or both daughters.
Monday night: Teacher's Choice Awards and Senior Recognition. Youngest daughter was recognized by two teachers for being an excellent student. Oldest daughter is in the top 25 in her graduating class. [I'm very proud of them both.]
Tuesday night: Choir concert for both girls. Both sing beautifully. This is oldest's last H.S. choir concert.
Wednesday night (tonight): 3.75 and Educator
Honoring Banquet. This recognizes the seniors that have maintained a 3.75 or higher GPA and those students get to recognize a teacher that has been special or influential. Oldest daughter did a fine job of speaking well while honoring a science teacher that she had all four years and noting the qualities that make him an outstanding teacher.
Thursday night: Band concert for youngest.
Friday night: Nothing planned that I know of or can remember... Phew! ... One more night to go... I think...

Our oldest oldest (Chris) has college finals this week. Oldest daughter has four A.P. tests this week. I'm sure youngest has more stuff going on, but I don't think I've seen her long enough to find out what.

Oh! And Mother's Day is Sunday... Can't forget that. My sister has been trying to get in touch with me for two days so we can solidify plans with family. Hopefully tomorrow I can connect with her. I think I'll send her an email. :P

I wish there was more I could add, but this is about all that I have left today. Bless you all and I'll try to catch up in a couple days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

uhhh ... please don't *add* anything else! i think i'm gonna have to read this all again just to figure it all out!!!!!!!

relax into these days ... they will speed by ... how precious they are.

Chris Krycho said...

Breathe! Just breathe! Thanks for the update, and just keep walking in peace and strength from our Father - not in your own. You're a lot like me... no, not really: I'm a lot like you; and when I get really busy, I go to me. I'll be praying for you to be leaning on Him alone.

I'm looking forward to seeing you all.

Please keep me updated on Mothers' Day plans; I'm hoping I'll be in town by about 3:30-ish, which I should, barring any bad traffic delays, so I may be able to go wherever people are to celebrate with you. I love you!