Sunday, May 6, 2007

Senior Prom Night!

My middle child, our oldest daughter (OD), had her senior prom the night before last. What an exciting experience for her. She had a couple girlfriends over and the "got ready." Actually I had two daughters going to prom last night. One of the girlfriends is our "adopted" daughter [so she is our middle daughter MD and explaining that is for a different post]. So in the picture on the right, MD is on the left in the light blue, OD is in the middle in pink and the young lady on the right is another of OD's girlfriends.

All three moms were on hand to help Prom preparations of this magnitude is definitely not a guy thing. This proud papa stayed out of the way and watched three already beautiful young ladies transform into princesses ready for Cinderella's ball. They were all stunningly beautiful! [Yes I am biased, but they were still exceedingly gorgeous!]
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Pictures and flashes and more pictures and more flashes. I think I took about 120 pictures.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Their dashingly dressed princes arrived here to pick them up to start their evening. Young man 1 (YM1) My OD's date had his act completely together; he had the corsage and tickets and looked very sharp. The next young man (YM2) arrived and doing well, but not quite as well as YM1, had the corsage, but... forgot the tickets and his student ID (required for entrance to the dance). MD's date, YM3 was running a few minutes late. He showed up looking great! But... he forgot... uh, the corsage, the tickets, and I'm not sure what else. Keep in mind OD, MD, and YM3 have known each other all their lives. YM3 comes in shows off his tux and MD comes down the stairs. YM3's jaw dropped and he stuttered and stammered at seeing MD. "Wow! You look great!" is what I think he managed to get out.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Pictures and flashes and more pictures and more flashes.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Then suddenly they are ready to head off for dinner and the dance and all the mom's and this papa were left watching them head off. It is a momentous occasion for them and for us.

Ah the joys of having our children grow: mixed emotions galore!
I am happy for them; and then again I am sad that the time seems to have passed so quickly. (It also means I'm getting older, even though I don't feel it.)
My daughter that I was just yesterday singing the Collin Ray song "I Think About You" to, has gone to her senior prom and is about ready to graduate high school.
Wow! It has happened so quickly!

I think about you, eight years old, big blue eyes and a heart of gold...

5 comments:

Kerry Krycho said...

You captured the night well. And they were stunningly beautiful. :D
I was thrilled they had perfect nights with no disappointments, no regrets, only pure joy!

Chris Krycho said...

That sounds like "YM3" all the way around. *laughs* And, for that matter, it sounds like YM1, too. And YM2 hasn't changed much from when I knew him in HS, either...

I was waiting for this update and looking forward to it.

They did all look fabulous, especially my sisters. And I'm glad they had good evenings, too.

Hard to believe it's already two years' past since my last prom...

Love you!

Blessed son of the King said...

This update was supposed to happen last night so I had to change the wording in the earlier part of the post. Funny how that works when you have to go sit with MD and her sister youngest youngest daughter because their brother is in the ER.

Anonymous said...

wow ... how stunningly beautiful! life so full in one moment ... sweet and sour; happy and sad; elated and deflated; in the moment and in the moment 18 years ago ... life in its fullness swollen into one evening ...

i cannot yet imagine ...

... but i will patiently wait ... for as long as i can ;)

Mike Duran said...

This Old Male Commentator (OMC) thinks that your OD and MD are gorgeous. However, keep a good eye on YM1 and 2 or, before long, you might have MD's -- Married Daughters.