Monday, April 16, 2007

Cristo Redentor

Today I thought I would post something that might be a little different and hopefully interesting.

The picture on the left, as well as the one I have associated with my blog is that of a statue on Corcavado mountain in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil called Cristo Redentor, or Christ the Redeemer.

These are not pictures I found on the internet, rather it is one I was fortunate enough to have been able to take myself in June 2004.

The statue is 125 feet tall and quite impressive as it sits on top of a 2330 foot high mountain that overlooks the city of Rio de Janeiro, the Guanabara Bay, and the Atlantic Ocean.

I hope you enjoyed this brief trip to Brazil.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is amazing ... i wonder if those who see it often are still in awe of it, if it reminds them that Christ truly is Redeemer ... or if its faded into the background of their lives due to its familiarity.