Sunday, April 1, 2007

In the Battle

We are in a battle. It is real. It is everyday.


Our enemy is real and he hates us.



Sometimes I think we forget that.



When we are keenly aware in the spirit, we know the battle is coming, we prepare our armor to get ready and go into it head on.
How is it that somehow we forget that when we head into the battle we are liable to take some blows, not just deal out the blows.



I remember that "my God is for me, so who can be against me"... well that word says in more fullness, "who can stand (or be) against me and prevail." The answer to that is, if I am doing God's will and fighting the spiritual battle against the principalities of darkness in the heavenly places, then the enemy will fall, and through Christ who strengthens me I will prevail. But it doesn't mean that I am guaranteed not to take any blows. It means that I will take blows from the enemy, but he will not overwhelm me or defeat me. It means there are going to be hurts (wounds) inflicted during the battle and those may take time to heal. Thankfully we also know our healer and that He is Mighty and Powerful and True.
Going into worship this morning, I sensed in the spirit that we were in for a battle against our worship. We prayed against our enemy and for our worship time to be glorifying to God. Then we really entered the battle. Our enemy came ready to fight. I believe we were not as ready for battle as we needed to be. We took some casualties and were wounded but we were not defeated.
God prevailed! Just as He always does and always will.
I am reminded of a song by Danny Daniels that we used to sing:

I am a wounded soldier,
But I will not leave the fight
Because the Great Physician
Is healing me
So I'm standing in the battle
In the armour of the light
Because His mighty power
Is real in me
I am loved (I am loved)
I am accepted (I am accepted)
By the Saviour of my soul (Saviour of my soul)
I am loved (I am loved)
I am accepted (I am accepted)
And my wounds will be made whole
Dear Saints, Do not lose hope! Do not give up! We are NOT defeated! God is on our side!
Gird yourselves now for battle, (Ephesians 6:10-20) for many battles are coming and the battles will be bloody. Now is the time to stand and fight the good fight to fill the breaches in our walls. Our enemy is sensing that his time is growing short and he is starting to bring in the heavy artillery.
Stand firm therefore and be not dismayed, for our God will show forth His glory through His people... His remnant.
God loves you!

1 comment:

Songbird said...

This is so true. I think sometimes we forget that