Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Our Gifts of Life

I walked down the aisle,
With my new found wife beside
We stepped on through the door,
To live the gift of life.

And the days just seem to fly,
And the years keep flowin' on by,
And the days just seem to fly... away

I looked into his eyes,
Our new born baby boy
A gift of heaven above,
To fill our hearts with joy

And the days just seem to fly,
And the years keep flowin' on by,

And the days just seem to fly... away


I looked into her eyes,
Like a dove, she seems to fly
On wings so pure and gentle,
A beautiful daughter so full of life

And the days just seem to fly,
And the years keep flowin' on by,

And the days just seem to fly... away


I looked into her eyes,
Our little giver of joy
Her smile so full of laughter
A gift so pure and bright

And the days just seem to fly,

And the years keep flowin' on by,

And
the days just seem to fly... away

They seem to grow so quickly

The time just seems to fly
Yesterday they were babies
Now they've filled our life

And the days just seem to fly,

And the years keep flowin' on by,

And the days just seem to fly... away


They sure have grown so quickly

The time has sure gone by
We're blessed that we've received
Our Gifts of Life
We're blessed that we've received
Our precious Gifts of Life

And the days just seem to fly,
And the years keep flowin' on by,

And the days just seem to fly... away


I wrote this song a few years back; not yet knowing as fully as I now know, and still not yet as fully as I shall still come to know.
My oldest daughter is but a few weeks from her high school graduation and getting ever closer to leaving for college. It was not an easy endeavor taking my son to college, now almost two years ago; I can only venture to guess that it will be harder to leave my little lady. Our youngest is now only three years from graduating high school and I cannot, dare not, will not think about that now.
Grace for those days does not yet belong to me.

And the days just seem to fly... away

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Grace for those days does not yet belong to me."

yes.

it's startling how quickly the days fly by ... truly, startling.

you think you'll never outgrow diapers and that high chair ... and the car seat you always have to stap them into.

then one day you never even go down the baby isle at the grocery, the high chair is long gone, and you never think of strapping your kids in.

you think you'll never endure their first day of kinder and then first grade. your babies are all in school.

then one day you can hardly even remember, or more - you don't have time to remember - what it's like to have little preschoolers running around the house.

you think you'll never . . .

then one day . . .

it doesn't end, really, does it.

and it seems the "one days" are back to back and only added up to one week.

i cannot imagine being where you are ... but as you said, "Grace for those days does not yet belong to me."

(will she be staying close for college or going far away?)

Blessed son of the King said...

The day will sneak up on you (and they already pass by so quickly at our age).

She'll be staying close, attending a college here in town, but living on campus. But it is still too far away for this papa's heart. ;)

Anonymous said...

I think I've about convinced Youngest that she can complete a whole degree online from home ;) Of course, she's only seven ;)

"Grace, grace, God's grace," Thank you; I really needed to read those words tonight.

Anonymous said...

"Will the real Ame please stand up!!!" My counselor ofen said my sense of humor and ability to laugh at life have truly been my lifeline ;)

btw - have you purchased AND READ the book For Men Only? You might find it helpful during these days ;)

When she's in a good place, ask her what SHE would like you to do when she's going thru difficult times ... and stap in! It's gonna be a roller coaster they have yet to imitate with steel! tehehehehehe (of course, you know, we feel that way being married to men, too ;)

Anonymous said...

that's ... "and STRAP in!"