Tuesday, April 17, 2007

VT Tragedy

There is not much I can say that hasn't already been said by so many others. This much I must share:
My heart grieves over the this tragic, senseless act of violence and the loss of life.
My heart grieves for the parents of the young man who needlessly took so many lives, and is now absolutely lost as well. There is no hope for his salvation.
My heart grieves for the families and friends of those who were slain and injured. Their lives will never be the same. Their hurt, unimaginable. Their trust is shaken.
My heart grieves for the students and faculty at VT. There is no way any can remain untouched by this horrific event.

Dear merciful Father God, You Who comfort those who mourn. Comfort those now who are mourning for their loved ones lost to them. Send forth Your Holy Spirit to touch hearts as only You can. Send forth Your workers into these fields to share Your Word, Your hope, and Your promise of eternal life for those who will believe that You Jesus are truly the living Son of God. Lord, forgive me that I am unable to fully see how You will use this to Your purposes, but Lord, I know You will do it.
Thank You for making us bold to proclaim Your gospel in these days, in this time, to this desperate and dying world that so needs You.

No comments: